Thursday, April 14, 2011

The 1st Grade Has Chicks!



One of the 1st grade classrooms at our school has little chicks. They got the eggs on Monday, have been keeping them in the incubator, and now they have hatch! Mrs. Erickson was nice enough to let us barge in on her everyday to watch as they made their way out of their shells to become the cute little chicks they are now. Even though we're not focusing on life cycles or animals this month I wanted to use this experience to reinforce something about life cycles. Since we have been watching these eggs and chicks all week today we decided to put together a book on how a chick hatches. First, I had the kids help me put each page in order and them they cut out their own pages and we stapled their books. They loved them!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your book. Our chicks should begin hatching on Wednesday. Is there a TPT store for the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!
    I haven't seen one on TPT but it would be really easy to make. If I get time I'll put one up. Or you could google it and see what happens. I'll let you know if I make one.

    ReplyDelete